kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Problems to build (Polish/Japanese EEschema) documentation since commit a5002028

Hi All,

Posting to the list as I don't have an archive for the last day. Hope
this message will be joined to the right thread.

Anyway, I'm seeing roughly the same problem as Carsten, except that my
build process is slightly different (I uupdate'd existing debianization
to 5.1.0 files and building with sbuild).

Seeing Polish documentation using Japanese styles is indeed strange.
Moreover, there are xetex styles for Japanese, Chinese and Russian
translation but not for Polish! I checked that other languages do not
use extra styles, e.g. for French the build command looks like this
(formatted for convenience):

> --dblatex-opts

> -P\ latex.output.revhistory=0\

> -P\ doc.publisher.show=0\

> -s\
/build/kicad-HodiPS/kicad-5.1.0/doc/CMakeSupport/pdf-cover-dblatex.sty\

> -o\
/build/kicad-HodiPS/kicad-5.1.0/debian/build/doc/src/eeschema/fr/eeschema.pdf

I actually went a bit further with bisection and got down to the
specific hunk of the mentioned commit. Reverting the hunk  @@ -5391,39
+5588,29 @@ removes the problem. It looks perfectly fine to me, although
I'm no expert. So all of this leads me to believe that it is some sort
of a red herring, only triggering the problem in dblatex and/or styles.

I'm running Stretch with backports but also verified on Buster/testing.

Regards,

Eugene

Follow ups