kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Add a list of Simplified Chinese translators in KiCad-doc

On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 09:29:44AM +0200, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Am 07.06.19 um 08:56 schrieb Marco Ciampa:
> > On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 12:56:02AM +0800, taotieren wrote:
> >> Hello Marco,
> >> I hope to add and update the Simplified Chinese translator
> >> information in the KiCad-doc and KiCad-i18n repositories.>> I compared the information about the translators list in the
> >> distribution and the warehouse, which is different.>> Can I add my translator information when I add this information to
> >> the repository?>> My language team: Simplified Chinese, name: taotieren .
> >> Thank you!
> >
> > Hi Taotieren,
> > yes obviously.
> > Please propose a patch to be merged!
>
> I don't understand what taotieren want to archive.
> kicad-l18n doesn't have a dedicated mechanism to show or visualize the
> l10n workers (and doesn't need to have). This repository is just hold
> the low level parts for adding and generating the compiled .mo files to
> the system KiCad is used later.
>
> As long as you do not modify the .po file manually by a plain text
> editor your preferred PO editor will handle all the required entries
> within the .po file. Given you have configured the tool correctly.
>
> If you are looking for some more official place for adding your name and
> email contact within the GUI of KiCad than this needs to be added to the
> source of KiCad of course.

Yes Taotieren
Manual docs has a special file for add your name to it ... and I see that
you already added your name to it ... so ok.

The Kicad program in itself has a "contributions" dialog ... just ask
source devs to add your name to it or propose a patch to it... and I see
your name is currently not mentioned...

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271