kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Connections buses in eeschema documentation are "indated"

On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 08:11:38PM -0500, Jon Evans wrote:
> My view is that the development team (including those working on code and
> those working on documentation, sometimes the same people and sometimes
> different) need a place to stage documentation for future releases.
> I think KiCad will almost always be in a situation where the development
> version *could* have different features than the released version, and it
> would be good to have "nightly builds" of the docs available so that we
> don't delay writing and checking documentation until the very last minute.
>
> But Nick's point is also good, in that this takes more effort from
> volunteers.

Well, IMHO that's not completely true.

Translators could be more than happy to have a stable documentation base
to translate, instead of a moving target.

Morover having a stable branch and master and/or many different feature
branches could be even an improvement for devs, since they have to add
documentation features over a pretty stable branch and that greatly
semplify merge and conflicts resolution.

The translation effort IMHO must not start on dev branches but only on
the stable branch.

In this way all are happy: translators, users and devs.
And also it is less, not more, work in general.

What do you think?

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa