kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Documentation workflow with stable and development branch

Hi Francisco

Thank you for your interest and effort. I have added you now, you
should be able to manage the issuetracker, please test it.

Some thoughts about yours:

Tracking things to be updated or changed is better done in the issue tracker.

I think all effort should be focused on the master branch for now.
Technically it is very difficult to cherry pick things on the docs
over time due to the nature of it and reformatting. I think it is
better to just copy sections from master if deemed compatible with 5.1
whenever needed, but certainly focus on making master better first.
Then later it is easier to take chunks from master and adapt them to
5.1.

I would like more people to be able to review merge requested, but
please make pullrequests with atomic commits as reasonably possible.
It makes it easier to review.

Nick