kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Documentation workflow with stable and development branch

Yes, it's done :-)

But if anyone wants to take an issue, I'll be happy too ;-)

I've left 2 issues which involves redoing a screenshot :
- https://gitlab.com/kicad/services/kicad-doc/-/issues/788 the preference menu should be replaced
- https://gitlab.com/kicad/services/kicad-doc/-/issues/792 which also involves removing the Portable template tab

I don't want to mix a bunch of linux based screenshot with the existing windows based screenshot.
Anyone does windows screenshots ?

I've also found an old issue which is interesting :
- https://gitlab.com/kicad/services/kicad-doc/-/issues/304

It envolves documenting the minimum template requirement which is different between 5.1 and master :
- in 5.1 the project .pro file is required in the template directory
- in master the renaming when creating new project from template will happen even if there is no .pro file

How do we document this 2 different behavior ?
I've been thinking :
- 1 commit on master documenting 5.1 behavior left to be cherry-pick later
- followed by 1 commit on master documenting v6 behavior and this one should never be cherry-pick

Francisco