kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Translations Locations

I have no objections.  It makes sense to combine those repos.

	Steve

On 10/17/20 11:08 AM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
Hi All-

Currently, and for some time, our translations of KiCad have lived in a separate repository from the codebase.  I'd like to merge the translations into the KiCad codebase in a subdirectory called "translation"

This will allow our translators to only have to check out a single repository instead of two.  This will also allow us to begin using an online collaborative translation platform called Weblate[1] that is used by Fedora, openSUSE, LibreOffice, etc.  The online translation system is optional, translators are not required to use it, but it does add a number of useful features and quality checks.

Does anyone have objections to moving the i18n repository into a subdirectory of the source code repository or know of a reason why we shouldn't?

Best-
Seth

--
KiCad Services Corporation Logo