kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: current version and master branch

On Mon, May 02, 2022 at 08:58:36AM -0400, Jon Evans wrote:
> KiCad uses semver "approximately".
>
> I am not quite sure if I understand the question correctly, but the docs
> branch names *are* synchronized with the code at the moment.
> The 6.0 docs branch is the stable one, and master is the nightly (6.99) one.

Oh gosh I'm really running out of steam, yes of course there is a 6.* branch...

Ok then last commits I made were updates of the translation of the
manuals on the master branch instead of the 6.* branch. If I want to
spare some time, I have to find a way to merge the newly translated
strings from the master branch into the 6.* branch. I bet that with some
xgettext and/or msgmerge magic I'll do the trick.

Well perhaps this one could be of those times when a problem can be an
opportunity to improve the things a bit for all.

There should be, I mean it could be a nice useful thing, the possibility
to automatically, through a cmake build make command or perhaps simple
and quick bash script to run only once in a while, merging the
translations made on the master branch into those of the stable branch or
viceversa.

That could perhaps spare hours of translation time in every language,
especially when the master branch becomes the new stable one.

I hope I explained myself. What do you think about it?

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa