Re: more cleanup on launchpad

05/01/14 10:41, Johannes Spanier kirjoitti:
> Hi Libteam,
>
> As you might know we also drive the abandoned "Kicad Newlib" project
> (lp:kicad-newlib) on launchpad.

There are some very good libraries there especially [1] and [2], and
they should eventually get merged to Github repo. My time has been too
limited to be of much help lately and that will continue some more
months at the moment.

The original purpose of "Kicad Newlib" project was to unify the library
and symbol styles to make one "official Kicad-style" library and get rid
of the current mixed bag of (drawing)styles and naming conventions.

There were not enough manpower neither leadership available for
completion and some Eeschema file format features for doing it
effectively are also missing. The plan included gate and pin swap
information, dynamic pin numbering/naming and a lot more. Most important
thing is that there must be no more TO-92E_ebc andTO-92E_bce etc.
footprints in the library. Schematic symbol has pin names, package has
pin numbers and presentation is dynamic to put it simply.

Everything related is in the archives, happy hunting :)

I'm really glad that there seems to be a lot more interest nowdays and
it may be possible to make all of it reality.

-Vesa

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~oyvind-aabling/kicad-newlib/mod/files
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~tomas-mandys/kicad-newlib/we/files