Re: VRML models

Hello Kerusey Karyu.

> I am the most against to move everything stored locally related to
> KiCad
> to remote repositories. As I remember (and understand), these remote
> repositories were to be only an one of ways in entire library system,
> but now you want to drop everything else and keep only server based
part.

> Thus, I do not like your idea.

I am completely at your side.
I have to add, that even here in Germany with its good infrastructure i
am often wporking with KiCad in remote areas without access to a net.
So the dropping of local stored libraries would be cathastrophic.

> To execute such movement, you must clean up the symbol libraries
> first.
> As one of worst examples let will serve PIC microcontrollers
> libraries.
> We have now five files. Ok, three I've added, but we have also
> another
> two where the symbols are repeated. Want to keep this mess?

What perhaps about different stiles?

With best regards: Bernd Wiebus alias dl1eic

Adresse:
Dipl.-Ing. Bernd Wiebus
Weezer Str. 5
47589 Uedem