Re: About library naming conventions

The question which remains: Does "DIP-8" is correct or "DIP8" is correct?

This needs a bit further study. I would be leaning towards "DIP-8". In
general that seems to be the case in all data books (regarding various
packages from DIP to RF-stripline transistor packages) I have. Newer
data sheets online use both conventions.

It's curious because I prefer "DIP8" than "DIP-8", but for transistors I've prefer "SOT-23" than "SOT23" or "SC-70" than "SC70". Even if "SOT-23-5" looks pretty ugly. A matter of taste.

Please tell more about your style rules, I'm very interested.

Well, I can show you, because "one picture shows more than thousand words". Just get the lp:~keruseykaryu/kicad/library

Use this list for sending library patches or pull requests, just like
development list. Commit messages providing the source and status of the
data, like drawn/inspected/production, etc.

Say we accept everything that conforms to the style and naming
conventions, but present it with just "drawn" status. It may not be
correct. Then someone else (or we) checks it against data sheets, etc.
and sends a patch changing the status "inspected"

It requires a lot of people staff and a sizeable amount of work to make also some kind of validation of symbols or footprints with the data sheets. Currently, there is not a lot of commits in libraries, but this may change as "we" move libraries on GitHub. I think we currently don't have enough manpower to do that.

Kerusey Karyu