Re: Remarks to KiCad Library Convention

W dniu 17.05.2014 18:32, Lorenzo Marcantonio pisze:

Good routing facilities are what separate a good cad from another one.
Both automatic (if available) and manual routing. Then of course you can
offer specific aids for particular designs (like impedance control or
cross-netclass rules and so on). In my experience the schematic capture
is only used for about 10-20% of the whole work, the rest of the time is
spent doing the layout. YMMV of course...

That is, unless you target small designs and hobbists (nothing wrong
with targeting them, of course) in which case the 'stock' library is
quite important.

We must to satisfy both parties anyway...

OTOH kicad is missing the very useful and current families like
littlelogic or silicon dust (single gate 74xx component in SOT packages,
for reference). These are de-facto part of the 74 function number
listing (look for a G in the name, usually)

Little Logic is missing? I have committed such a library - 74xgxx.lib. The last time I've updated a lot of descriptions there.

Kerusey Karyu