Re: Cleannig Footprint Libraries

I'd like to take Connectors_Serial_MOLEX.pretty for the moment, please.

Would it be possible to rename it to "Connectors_Molex.pretty"?
PicoBlades aren't serial connectors specifically. Also, if we have
libraries for each range of connectors (like Connectors_Molex_PicoBlade,
Connectors_Harwin_M40, Connectors_Molex_KK and so on), we'll have
hundreds of libraries. It would be nice to be able to do
Connectors->Molex->PicoBlade, but I realise the current system doesn't
work like that.

On 30/05/14 10:48, Paweł Dras wrote:
> But i see a loot of inconsistency in footprints groups.
> Perhaps we should reduce .pretty groups count and naming convention.

I agree, fragmented libraries make it hard to see what you have.

> The same situation is with the names Sockets_*,  Terminal_Blocks and
> even with Pin arrays. I suggest to change in all prefix to Connectors_

I agree with this - I don't think connectors need to be separated by
gender. When you get to some board-to-board connectors, it can be hard
to say which is the socket and the plug anyway. And for wire-to-board,
there's only one gender which makes sense for a PCB: the header.

Thanks,

John