Re: KLC - Footprint Properties

Sometimes footprints are created by modifications of other footprints and some users may forget about editing of some footprint properties. 1. Doc - it should be at least prohibited to leave there misleading informations. 2. Keywords - requirements of library file format should be reminded (lowercase, separated by space - http://www.compuphase.com/electronics/LibraryFileFormats.pdf) 3. and 4. Reference and Value - user manual says "Before saving, it is also recommended to change the reference or value of the module to be equal to
the library name of the module."
5. (!) Attributes - I think it's important to remind in KLC about setting proper attributes. 6. 7. 8. Move and Place, Auto Place, Local Clearance Values - the rule may be: keep default (Move and Place: Free; Auto Place: 0 and 0, Local Clearance Values: 0)
9. 3D Shape Names - at the moment there are no rules about 3D
11. Text line width - it's easy to forget about applying rule 6.5 to text fields 12. Text size - I'm not sure but it seems that default is 1 mm so it would be easiest to define as 6. 7. 8.

The most important are Doc, Keywords and Attributes because they can't be repaired automatically.