Re: new rules - required changes in libraries and question about 3d models

Hi Michal,

- I fixed the permissions
- I deleted two repos that weren't in the fp-lib-tables (Pin_Arrays
superseded by Pin_Headers and Housings_SOT-669_LFPAK.pretty created by
mistake by Bernd Wiebus), let me know if this was wrong
- I initialized Buttons_Switches_SMD.pretty with a first footprint, the
PTS645 from C&K Components
- I added the Buttons_Switches_*.pretty to the fp-lib-tables.

This should do it.

I'll be back with your second question.

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 8:13 AM, nnn <nnn4000@xxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
> According to recent discussions on mailing list the following changes
> should be applied:
> - add .3dshapes in paths
> - change reference
> - change value and its layer
> I can make the changes but I can see that I haven't Buttons_Switches...
> and they are absent on fp-lib-table.
> Could you check if all repositories that should be converted are on
> fp-lib-table and change permissions if needed?
>
> My second quesion is about libraries from http://smisioto.no-ip.org/
> elettronica/kicad/kicad-en.htm
> There are some of them in official kicad libraries. Was the author of
> these libraries involved in official kicad libraries? Is it ok to use his
> libraries in official libraries (gplv3)? I'm asking because he improved his
> 3d models and I wonder if they can be pushed into official librairies.
>
> Michał Stec

Follow ups