Libries for 4.0.3 release?

Hi Carl

So what is the exact plan here?

I personally don't see the big issue with updating schematic libs and
the recovery fires. That is why we have the recovery. I would rather
like us to get the libs updated such that people can actually use them
for something rather than hide it.

But when that is said I would like to see that there is no removals of
libs in the release tar made compared to the previous.

Wayne said he would call it a release during this weekend so I would
like a decision made fairly soon :)

Regards
Nick Østergaard

p.s.
Below is some discussion we had with the 4.0.2 release where we reused
the libs becasue of the time.

> On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> I just checked and the library has been tagged with 4.0.2 but there were
>> changes to device.lib since 4.0.1.  It looks like the POT component was
>> resized which most likely will fire a component recovery for users who
>> have POTs in their schematics.  I think we should ship component
>> libraries that do not trigger a recovery during the 4 series stable
>> releases so it looks like you should pull the 4.0.1 library for
>> packaging for the remainder of version 4 stable releases.  I'll see if I
>> can come up with a reasonable policy to eliminate confusion in the
>> future.  We probably should just tag the library at X.0.0 when the
>> stable version is released and use that for the entire stable release
>> series to prevent any surprises for the user.  The other option is to
>> create separate library packages and let the user assume the risk when
>> updating the libraries.
>

> I'm in favor of using a single library tag for an entire Stable release
> series. For me the only acceptable changes, as is the case for software, is
> if a component was wrong and later fixed. As in the case of software, any
> fixes to erroneous components must be done via a branch and patch.
> Due to the large number of files and rapid additions and changes, this
> quickly becomes a nightmare unless someone wants to create a meta-repository
> to pull in *all* tagged libraries and then only update components which have
> been fixed.
>
> - Cirilo
>

>> On 2/19/2016 1:39 AM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>> > I need a clear answer. If we don't want to update, then we shall move
>> > the tag on the libs to the 4.0.1 tag on the libs.

<snip>