Re: FCAD script generator.

On 10/2/2018 5:43 PM, Rene Pöschl wrote:
> On 02/10/18 23:31, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> How do you get the script to create the vrml and step files?  When I run
>> the script like `freecad main_generator_Converter_DCDC.py variant, the
>> only thing that happens is freecad is launched with the model of the
>> variant.  I have to save the freecad file and export the vrml and step
>> files of the model which are not scaled.
>>

> The script stores the output files in a central directory. This is
> controlled with the models_dir variable.
>
> This variable should point to the directory called _3Dmodelsdirectly
> under the FCAD_script_generator directory. (or ../../_3Dmodels/ as seen
> from the script directory)
>
> The lines responsible for generating that path start at line number 846
>
> https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/blob/581bab3ea182ce68909fa83561f92caf6e9c8ea8/cadquery/FCAD_script_generator/Converter_DCDC/main_generator_Converter_DCDC.py#L846

I got the correct 3D models and submitted a pull request[1].  I also
submitted a pull request[2] for the script changes I used to generate
the model.  I know I can merge the model library pull request myself but
I would rather the normal review process be followed.  I don't see
myself as having special privileges here so if there is anything else I
need to do to get this merged, please let me know.  If you want me to go
ahead a merge it, I'm fine with that as well.

[1]: https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-packages3D/pull/414
[2]: https://github.com/easyw/kicad-3d-models-in-freecad/pull/202