RFC: Rebranding Kubuntu + KDE Frameworks 5 + Plasma Next

Hey everyone
So after a brief discussion with Riddell and Harald, there seems to be
enough precedent to bring this up again.

Basically, this is a RFC to rebrand our release of Kubuntu with Plasma
Workspaces 2 and Frameworks 5 ( as and when that happens ). So instead
of calling it Kubuntu or Kubuntu Next , we call it Awesome OS ( or
whatever name we can decide upon ). The reason why we should do this
are twofold :

a) Kubuntu contributes more heavily to the Ubuntu brand than we get back
b) Whenever Ubuntu gets bad press, so do we, just because we have the
'ubuntu' substring in our brand

So, for our Kubuntu + KF 5 + PW 2 ISO I propose we move away from the
Kubuntu brand and choose a new name. Once we have traction with that
brand, we discontinue with the Kubuntu + KDE 4 ISO / Brand and switch
over to "Awesome OS" as being a flavour of Ubuntu.

Cheers

Rohan Garg

Follow ups