Request for comment on Ubuntu Community Council statement

Hello Kubuntu Community Council!

After reading the official Ubuntu CC statementi --
http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/05/29/
<http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/05/29/community-council-statement-jonathan-riddell/>
community-council-statement-jonathan-riddell
<http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/05/29/community-council-statement-jonathan-riddell/>
/
<http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2015/05/29/community-council-statement-jonathan-riddell/>
-- I feel compelled to write an article on this.  But I'd like to get your
thoughts before I put pen to paper.

Here are four questions that I sent the Ubuntu Community Council.

I'm not modifying them at all... but just sending them on to you so that
you have an opportunity to respond to the same questions they got.

This is for an article that will be published to Network World on Monday.
I will write this on Sunday.

Questions I sent to the Ubuntu Community Council:

A) In the framework section of the statement it states "Disagreements,
social and technical, are normal, but we do not allow them to persist and
fester".  Then, just a few lines below that, "Over the course of the next
two and a half years Jonathan became increasingly confrontational
in his interactions with the Community Council over these two items" which
implies that the issues Riddell was focused on "persisted and festered".
This implies that the Council failed in the core mission... is that an
accurate take away?  If not... why not?

B) On a similar note, further down the statement is "In the end we felt
that Jonathan had become unreasonable and was making worst-case
assumptions".  Does the council not feel that worst-case assumptionsare
acceptable after 2 years of no resolutions?

C) Are the two core issues that Riddell was raising still issues or have
those been resolved already?

D) How does this get resolved?  Where does the Ubuntu CC and Kubuntu
community go from here?

-Bryan

Follow ups