Re: temporary release manager

+1
Clay Weber
------ Original message------From: Valorie ZimmermanDate: Sun, Jan 15, 2017 7:17 PMTo: kubuntu-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;Cc: Subject:Re: [Kubuntu-council] temporary release manager
It seems this got lost in the holiday rush. Walter Lapchynski has offered to act as Release Manager for Zesty, andwould like our support in that. He is now a Kubuntu Member, and Ninja(I believe).Aaron has given him a +1 and I have as well. We both will assistWalter so that his expertise is not lost to us no matter what.Walter has started https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/ReleaseManagementPlease give at least a couple more +1s.ValorieOn Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:> On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Valorie Zimmerman>  wrote:>> Ping? Walter now has membership.>>>> Valorie>> Walter would like to get going, and needs our support. Please give him> at least a couple more +1.>> He has given us a doc, which we need to help him fill out. Any ideas?>> Philip, have you had a chance to look at it?>> Valorie>>> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Valorie Zimmerman>>  wrote:>>> Thanks for offering your service, Walter. AFAIK, we've never appointed>>> or elected an RM. Just to cover all the bases though, I would>>> appreciate some more Kubuntu Council members giving their +1 to Walter>>> as RM for the Zesty cycle.>>>>>> Aaron and I have both volunteered to help out.>>>>>> Valorie>>>>>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 5:17 PM, Walter Lapchynski  wrote:>>>> Understanding there is both a lack of a good candidate for Release Manager>>>> and that no really active member has a lot of experience with Release>>>> Management, as the current Lubuntu Release Manager, I have written up [some>>>> docs][1] covering what that experience is like for Lubuntu. My hope is that>>>> I could get in touch with some older Kubuntu Release Managers to fill in the>>>> blanks, as I suspect there are differences between the way our flavors do>>>> things (there are!). I'm more than willing to offer my time acting as>>>> *TEMPORARY* Release Manager for Kubuntu during Zesty development so I can>>>> also further firm up this documentation, with the goal of ultimately passing>>>> on the torch at the end of the cycle. Thoughts?>>>>>>>> [1]: https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/ReleaseManagement>>>>>>>> -->>>>        @wxl | polka.bike>>>> C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D>>>> 68F6 8B57 A48B C4F2 051A-- http://about.me/valoriez-- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-councilPost to     : kubuntu-council@lists.launchpad.netUnsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-councilMore help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp