Fwd: My Future With Kubuntu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Clive Johnston <clivejo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: My Future With Kubuntu
To: kubuntu-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst I have no say on the matter and the Kubuntu Council are dealing with
it, I do feel very disappointed and have lost a great deal of trust over
these incidents.

We are a community who rely on trust and confidence in our team, to do
things in a collaborative, transparent and open way.   This was shown by
our previous team permissions on Launchpad.  The idea is that you/me, as a
Kubuntu member, are trusted to do the right thing and put the project
first.  For me, it is a sad day when we have to lock down parts of the
project due to trust issues.

As Rik pointed out this is not a one-off occurrence and what concerns me is
a "pattern" of behaviour.  This coupled with the fact that I spoke with
Simon before I went to bed that night.  I asked him not to push anything
without speaking to someone about it before hand and about 30 minutes later
he then pushed to the git repos.  Not to mention the waste of time and
resources having to revert everything and clean up the mess, which I must
thank Rik for doing. This is time that could have been spent on actually
getting work done.

Clive