Re: [rt.ubuntu.com #30675] Additional WP plugin for Kubuntu.org

Hello Haw

Thanks for looking at this cautiously. Your comments drove me back to the
Time.ly site and WP Plugin directory to conduct a more thorough view.

The Kubuntu Council identified time.ly as the most appropriate solution for
the programme of community events we are organising.
Hopefully my additional findings below, will address the concerns such that
we can go ahead an install it ?

I looked through the 1 star reviews, what I found were mostly Social Plugin
issues, Facebook, Twitter, or specific theme conflict issues. I also
noticed that these were quite old.

I checked in on the 5 star reviews, and there seemed some good recent ones.

I then checked time.ly site for more details, and I found details of
current updates and support

Version: 2.5.26
Last updated: 3 weeks ago
Active installs: 100,000+
Requires WordPress Version:3.5
Tested up to: 4.8.2

I note that our installation version of Word Press is 4.8.2

I checked the vulnerability DB via the link you sent ( thanks ) and I found

7601 - 1.4 & 1.5 Multiple XSS - fixed in version 1.8.2
6318 - wp-admin/post-new.php Multiple Parameter XSS - fixed in version 1.10
6319 - 1.9 - index.php Multiple Parameter SQL Injection - fixed in version
1.10

I checked the details on their Support Provision :-

Issues resolved in last two months: 130 out of 138

Hello

Welcome to our forum
First we thank you for using the Timely Calendar!

For more details on how we provide support please go to
http://time.ly/support

For all our WordPress plugins, please log into your Timely account and
raise a ticket using the “get help” button
https://dashboard.time.ly/account/get-help .

Please note the response times for free core users can be up to 7 days as
we have prioritized support for our paid users depending on the plan. If
you require a higher level of support we encourage you to look into one of
our Hosted calendar plans.

This forum is not monitored on a daily basis! We monitor it weekly. You are
welcome to mention customization tweaks or integration issues, incase other
Timely plugin users have suggestions or ideas. Please use the forum as a
place to discuss best practices with the all-in-one-event-calendar.

Thanks again for your time and assistance.

Looking forward to your thoughts

Best Wishes
Rick Timmis