Podcast to Kubuntu Cafe Live

Dear Council

In view of our discussion about the future of the podcast. I have distilled
our thinking into a statement for the commnunity ( below ).

The following changes will be made

Change YouTube channel name from 'Kubuntu Podcast' to simply 'Kubuntu'.
Change 'Podcast' on website to 'Cafe Live' - Update the page description,
and link to the Calendar
Post the narrative ( os similar ) to News on Kubuntu website

Cheers
Rick

Kubuntu Friends

As your probably aware we've been experimenting over the last couple of
years with Podcasts, Parties, and Dojo's using the rather good Big Blue
Button conference server, which bigbluebutton.org provide for us.

The Podcast team, and Kubuntu Council have conducted a review of what works
and what does not, and drawn the following conclusions.

1 - The Podcast scores little traction, in the audio podcast world, and low
view counts on YouTube
2 - The pre-podcast show provides a welcome platform for Kubuntu Developers
to prepare news for the community
3 - The live Party, Dojo experience is regarded in a very positive light
4 - The Kubuntu Community does not currently posses suitable Editing and
Production capabilities

However, we recognise that the shared experience of gathering in a virtual
environment which enables engagement and inclusion in real time, using text
chat, audio, video or any combination there of has been the most rewarding
pattern used.

Thus we the Kubuntu Community are delighted to introduce "Kubuntu Cafe`
Live". This new live community get together will merge the best qualities
from our previous experiments. The format will be loose, but will be hosted
by various members from the Kubuntu community, including the Podcast Team.

The shows will be recorded and uploaded 'unedited' to the Kubuntu Podcast
YouTube channel, which itself has been renamed to just 'Kubuntu'

Kubuntu Cafe Live will take place on the first Saturday of each month at
21:00 UTC, we hope this offers the widest scope for inclusion across global
time zones.

Find out more at Kubuntu.org

Follow ups