Re: Backports PPA policy for 18.04 LTS

Hi/2 all.

I, for one, agree with Nate Graham. If you are using a backport PPA you
don't care much about what LTS has to offer per se, who uses backports (and
ppas in general) are much more interested in the latest and greatest.
I believe option A is the way to go.

regards

| Paulo Dias
| paulo.miguel.dias@xxxxxxxxx

Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 1:47 AM Rick Timmis <ricktimmis68@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hello Rik, Kubuntu

> Thank you Rik, for your clear and well set out email. I can see merits in
both approaches, and from a technical perspective I would have chosen
solution B.

> However, my primary concern is with our users, and providing them with
the best KDE based distro in a way they have come to expect. With that
perspective firmly in mind I believe A is the right way forward.

https://community.kde.org/Kubuntu/Policies#Long_Term_Support_.28LTS.29