Re: Suggestion to switch to Matrix as the official primary chat platform for Kubuntu?

I welcome the growth of the *option* of matrix. The last time I tried it
via a web-client, I did not find it reliable enough to depend upon. I also
find the excessive quoting annoying.

I've been looking forward to Konversation being expanded to allow for use
of matrix *and* IRC within the same client, but have lost touch with konvi
development, so I don't know if that went anywhere.

I won't leave IRC until all of my friends there (not just foss people still
use IRC) move elsewhere, and honestly, I hope it does not happen. Text-only
is pretty cool; I have logs which again, are text files, and as such, don't
take up lots of room and are quick to search. I only wish I had logged
since I first started using IRC in AD 2000!

I've used Discord and all the little bells and whistles are just a
distraction from the communication, which is what I use IRC for.

So yes for development of Matrix; yes for better integration with IRC, NO
to abandoning IRC now.

My two cents,

Valorie