kubuntu-ppa team mailing list archive

Re: a few queries from a devoted fan

Hi shani, tks for the help.

Im no expert, but all of your problems appear to be intel chip related, and
more specifically kernel related.

Wifi not connect properly, failed suspend, hangups on screensaver (i assume
you use a 3d screensaver), almost all of the times are related to bad
graphics, faulty drivers.

Could you download a 11.04 kubuntu beta live cd and test your system with
it? since it has a much better kernel 2.6.38, it might "magically" fix your
problems.

I can attest this kernel is much better on modern hardware since i possess a
hp pavilion dv7 (nvidia, i7 quad core) and i was having some wifi and
suspend problems because of the old drivers of 2.6.35 (10.10).

Tks for the reply, im not an "oficial" representantive of kubuntu, but i
believe my answer should be 99% correct :)

best regards...