kuosc team mailing list archive

Kathmandu University Open Source Community @ Launchpad

Dear Volunteers,
This is first email from KUOSC mailing list of launchpad. Please kindly
go through all the topics and provide your comments.

#topics
-> KUOSC Update,
-> Upcoming Events?
-> Ideas and Suggestions from Senior Volunteers,
-> Welcoming new KUOSC volunteers,
-> What's Next?
-> Why Launchpad?
-> Our Online Presence?
-> SHARE THIS MAIL AND HELP US GROW

#KUOSC Update
July 30-31, 2015 we volunteers organised  1st Linux Talks on LTSP
E-Library Project, 40+ Participants
September 11-12, 2015 Teachers' Training for LTSP E-Library Project got
postponded due to Political Strike at Terai Region.
September 18 Celebrated SFD EVE @ KU, POSTER PRESENTATION, 2nd LINUX
TALKS, Candle Lighting, 25 Participants.
September 19 Celebrated SFD, Participated SFD @ NEA, Pulchwok, 1 Stall
of KUOSC

#Upcoming Events?
After attending the Roundtable Discussion at SFD, Pulchwok, we have
requested all the open source communities to share their skills among
us. So we will do our best to present one community in a week at
Kathmandu University. So next week at Linux Talks we will be 3rd LINUX
TALKS presents WIKIPEDIA NEPAL.

#Ideas and Suggestions from Senior Volunteers
Respected Volunteers,
KUOSC has achieved this huge reputation as a robust and active FOSS
promoter because of your contribution to KUOSC. We were so pleased to
hear your legacy in the years 2007--08--09 by Hempal dai of FOSS NEPAL.
He also mentiond FOSS NEPAL was initiated with the enthusiasm of folks
from KUOSC. Although we have always been following your footsteps, you
can see FOSS activities are yet not flourishing at Kathmandu University
and in Nepal. We are trying our best to prove that FOSS is worth it with
events like LINUX TALKS, Linux Trainings and workshops. So we will
always be requiring your support time and again.

So we would like to know about the events organised earlier by KUOSC,
approaches and ideas by which we can promote FOSS, lists of Open Source
Projects which you have collected or developed etc. We could share those
knowledge among our new folks

#Welcoming new volunteers
Dear volunteers,
Welcome to the community, at FOSS whoever thinks can do it, s/he takes
the lead, so definitely it is a place to prove yourself by contributing
to the community. Do show you active participation in all the events and
help us grow FOSS inside and outside Kathmandu University.

#Whats next?
Next we will be organising events and events and events so frequently
that every individual at KU will at least know about FOSS. We will be
doing some of the events like LOCALIZATION, INTERNAL HACKATHON, LINUX
TALKS, LTSP WORKSHOP.
Also you are always  welcome to put your ideas up.

#Why Launchpad?
First Objective was to grow a active Localization team, so that we can
translate the Project strings  to Nepali and make it accessible to more
users in the community.
Second, soon we will start working on developing open source projects
whose code we will be hosting from this KUOSC TEAM REPOSITORY PPA. We
will figure that out on how to step forward to achieve that goal.

#Our Online Presence?
We have our web page ku.edu.np/cse/kuosc
We are on SFD WIKI
softwarefreedomday.org/nepal/dhulikhel/Kathmandu%20Unviersity%20Open%20Source%20Community
We are on Facebook group KATHMANDU UNIVERSITY OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY
We are on twitter with hash tag #KUOSC, and many of us share FOSS news
among eachother with this hash tag.

@SHARE THIS MAIL AND HELP US GROW.
As we are recently open at Launchpad we have only few registered
members, still many of them donot know about it. So I would like to
request all the volunteers and senior volunteers to atleast forward this
email  to your friend who promotes foss here at Kathmandu University to
joing our KUOSC TEAM. Your contribution and suggestions will be highly
apperecited.

Like previous years this year also many volunteers are too much
enthusiastic to promote FOSS and make  our country as OPENMAYA NEPAL.

JAY FOSSians JAY FOSS
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Sanjog Sigdel (https://launchpad.net/~sigdelsanjog)