ladon-dev-team team mailing list archive

Re: Roadmap

OK I can understand why it's not that easy to see the idea from my initial
description of 1)

The "Task" type should give the possibility to implement a method in the
"standard" way which spawns a subprocess (kind of a asynchronious method).
So you can start the "time-consuming" method and get a response
immediately. But the response is merely a reference to the task you just
started. Your application can then "forget" about the final result for the
time being and start polling for progress via the auto-expanded _status()
method. The task is run in the background and when it finishes, the
_result() will give whatever rtype your task-type method was defined to
return.

If we can standardise this type of methods we will have Ladon leaping ahead
of all other web service frameworks I know of.

I hope this clarifies the intention a bit :-)

/ Jakob