ladon-dev-team team mailing list archive

Re: Accumulative service catalog descriptions

Hi Mike.

Simplest and least complex solution is almost always the best solution,
that's almost a rule in my experience :-)
WSDL Does not support multiple services in one description file, so when
you speak about imploding several services into one WSDL file I can almost
guess that it involves a "MetaService" that picks up all methods defined in
all services of a collection and wrap them into one meta service. I see
plenty of problems in that approach right away that tells me this is not a
simple nor uncomplex solution. For instance, which service class has
precedence if the same service method is defined in two different service
classes. Already here we would have to take non-intuitive choices.

I still like the idea that it is possible to enumerate all service classes
and methods of a service collection programmatically, but I think it should
be through the approach I talked about, because it does not break standards
and it does not have to take undefined choices.

Also this approach will let us keep the Ladon's URL style but now in levels:

Service-level descriptions:
GET http://my.domain.org/<ServiceName>/<protocol>/description
Service-level method calls:
POST http://my.domain.org/<ServiceName>/<protocol>

Collection-level description (only one and always the same with methods
like "collectionInfo()", "listServices()" )
GET http://my.domain.org/<protocol>/description
Service-level method calls:
POST http://my.domain.org/<protocol>

/ Jakob

2012/10/19 Mykhailo Stadnyk <mikhus@xxxxxxxxx>

> Need to check that in spec but we tried to implode several services into
> one WSDL and it does work!
>

> 2012/10/19 Jakob Simon-Gaarde <jakobsg@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> I like the idea that the collection can describe itself. But as far as I
>> know there is no WSDL specification for service collections that allow this.
>>
>> But there is nothing to stop us from exposing a single method service at
>> collection level which can list all services in a collection.
>>
>> / Jakob
>>
>> 2012/10/19 Mykhailo Stadnyk <mikhus@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>>  Hi Jacob.
>>>
>>> Another one idea I think IS REALLY required in ladon is to have
>>> WSDL/JSONWSP/etc.. descriptions for service catalogs. I mean if there is
>>> published subset of service objects it's good to have only one URL which
>>> describes all the services available.
>>>
>>> Than just in client:
>>>
>>> import suds
>>> service = suds.client.Client('