launchpad-dev team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: PROPOSAL: Release Manager Rotation
On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 19:04 -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Here is another proposal for your comments: rotating the release manager
> position each cycle.
>From an admin perspective, this proposal throws up all kinds of red
- What problem are we trying to solve?
- Release management is something that requires a good understanding of
all parts of the code and the authority to make calls under pressure if
issues come up during the release itself
- The less change we can have to the release process the better from an
- Don't really want an engineer to have to learn all this stuff on the
job as well as have other things to take care of (regular development
- The idea of kiko/flacoste delegating somebody to be RM sounds fine,
but it should be a 6-12 month stint, with a 1-3 Release overlap with the
next person to take over the position.
- Any change of timezones of the releases would need to be approved with
> Details can be found here:
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-dev
> Post to : launchpad-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-dev
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp