Re: [RFC] Bug #347768: Allow anyone with upload rights to write to a package branch.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Jonathan Lange<jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Jonathan Lange<jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There are still some open questions:
>>
>>  * Is there an object that represents "a source package in a specific
>>   archive"? Should there be?
>>
>>   Soyuz already has "publication" (aka ISourcePackagePublishingHistory), but
>>   Julian says that's tied to a specific version of a package.
>>
>>   Bjorn says, "What I'm looking for is something like ISourcePackage, or
>>   maybe even IDistributionSourcePackage. Maybe they should be extended to
>>   know which archive they belong to."
>>

> And also:
>  * How do pockets fit into this?

We have an extra decision point on IDistroSeries.canUploadToPocket(pocket)

I will need some time to think about a plan and will be replying your
original RFC soon.

I think we should got towards check_permission('launchpad.Append',
ArchiveSourcePackage) with ASP == (Archive, PocketSP) ...

--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
IRC: cprov,  Jabber: cprov@xxxxxxxxxx, Skype: cprovidelo