Re: [RFC] Bug #347768: Allow anyone with upload rights to write to a package branch.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Michael
Hudson<michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>
>> Julian made it clear to me that these are not enough, that it's impossible to
>> get a yes / no answer to the question, "can a person upload to a source
>> package?". Being able to upload to a source package is a function of the
>> IArchive that one is trying to upload to.
>
> It seems that the part that the distro really care about is official
> source package branches, and for those, the archive is always the
> primary archive.  Am I missing something?

We have the PARTNER archive in our way. Although it's only used for
shipping proprietary binaries packaged as sources, probably very
little benefit in having them modeled as branches.

If assuming PRIMARY archive helps the implementation and we have no
plans in the short-term for having PPA-package-branches we could
implement lp.Append directly on SP.

--
Celso Providelo <celso.providelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
IRC: cprov,  Jabber: cprov@xxxxxxxxxx, Skype: cprovidelo