Re: [RFC] Bug #347768: Allow anyone with upload rights to write to a package branch.

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 22:40 -0300, Celso Providelo wrote:

> We have the PARTNER archive in our way. Although it's only used for
> shipping proprietary binaries packaged as sources, probably very
> little benefit in having them modeled as branches.
>
> If assuming PRIMARY archive helps the implementation and we have no
> plans in the short-term for having PPA-package-branches we could
> implement lp.Append directly on SP.

I think PARTNER's could conceivably use private branches, so we
shouldn't really rule it out.

I'm already using personal package branches for packaging for PPA's. I'd
love it if that isn't broken by whatever we do - and would deeply love
being able to upload to PPA's by pushing. (I realise this is later
roadmap stuff - but its been a goal since the _very start_).

-Rob