Re: script doesnt test for some dirs

On Jul 30, 2009, at 03:57 , Max Bowsher wrote:

Karl Fogel wrote:
BUGabundo <BUGabundo@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
rocketfuel-setup script checks for many things, even installs apache
(just hope with the correct defaults), but gives errors with
~/.ssh/launchpad_id_dsa and a few others way above on my tty.

this is running a clean install of jaunty server on virtualbox.

shouldnt it generate this keys too? or at least better handle the error.

That's not a bad idea.  Do you feel up to trying to write a patch?
(Don't worry, it doesn't have to be right the first time; we'll happily
review and help.)

Note that ~/.ssh/launchpad_id_dsa shouldn't be *generated*, rather it
needs to be *copied* from the launchpad source tree.

Max is correct in that this SSH key is copied by rocketfuel-setup to .ssh/launchpad_id_dsa. It should be renamed to indicate it is part of the launchpad.dev infrastructure so users don't mistakenly think it is part of their launchpad.net credentials. BUGabundo it would be helpful if you could capture the error you saw and report it.

Also, please consider how hard its to see all the backlog of this on a
TTY. Are there any logs one can checkout?

None, but... same thought as above.  Want to help fix it?

But do make sure to discuss any plans before you write a patch -
personally I think it's more effective to use the scrollback or logging
facilities of your terminal or GNU screen than to put custom logging
code in individual shellscripts.

I agree completely.

--Brad