Re: [RFC] Build branch to archive

On Friday 07 August 2009 17:28:19 Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Jonathan Lange<jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Another spec from me today, this one based on some notes that cprov,
> > mwhudson, james_w and I made at UDS in Barcelona.
> >
> > This spec shows one way for Launchpad to build branches (esp source
> > package branches) to archives, including PPAs and primary archives.
>
> *ahem*
>
> https://dev.launchpad.net/BuildBranchToArchive

Thanks for starting that page off Jono.

Rather than writing a new "dispatcher" I think it might be a good idea to
amend our existing buildd-manager to do these branch jobs, so that we can use
the existing build farm.  I'm vastly simplifying here, but all we need to do
is make a "branch job" chroot for that type of job.

We currently have unsigned uploads when the buildd-manager uploads binaries
and this could be extended to sources coming from the branch jobs.  The only
issue I can think of is the lack of a dsc file signature.  Even if we did sign
it with an LP signature, I'm not sure how meaningful that would be since we
trust our build farm anyway.  It seems prudent to audit our code to see how
much of it makes assumptions around dsc signing (I can think of a few).

This will be a really cool feature when done!