Re: Possible blind spot on the wiki

Matthew Revell <matthew.revell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> The page itself was very out of date, and didn't mention open
>> sourcing. I've quickly updated the page so that it points to the dev
>> wiki and no longer tells any obvious lies.
>
> Thanks for making the updates.
>
>> It's perhpas worth some more considered effort to make sure there's a
>> clear path from the help wiki to the dev wiki.
>
> Good point. Karl and I can sort that out. I have no idea, though, how
> often people will cross over. I guess they will more and more so.

Thanks, Jono!

Looking at the front page of the help wiki, and the GetInvolved page, I
think the path is already pretty clear.  I do wish the help wiki had a
page about reporting bugs *in Launchpad* (and then that page could
mention the dev wiki and how one can do more than just report the bug if
one wants).

https://help.launchpad.net/ReportingABug isn't really it -- that page is
more about reporting bugs in software in general.  It's also redundant
with https://help.launchpad.net/ReportingSoftwareProjectBugs, and I'm
noting that here so I'm not the only one who knows about the dup :-).
And of course there's https://help.launchpad.net/ReportingUbuntuBugs,
which is different from both of the other two.

I'll try to get to these soon, but there are other wiki changes on my
stack that I think are more urgent, so anyone who sees a good fix just
please jump in and do it.

-Karl