Re: users confused by lack of signatures on the PPA signing key

2009/8/10 Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The original intention was to have the PPA owner sign the key.  Signing with
> one master key doesn't really achieve anything other than redirecting the
> issue of trust to another machine-owned key (as opposed to human-owned) that
> you don't necessarily know about.
>
> Do you think we need better instructions for PPA owners telling them to sign
> the PPA key?  Could we show keys that signed it on the PPA page itself?

I've never seen such an instruction, so maybe you do need better
instructions - perhaps when setting up the archive you could send mail
to the team owners and/or show a message on the archive page.

The keyserver does actually have a page that shows signers so you
could just link to that.  There is some weakness that the keyserver
links are not over https.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>