Re: Launchpad mailing lists and users' needs.

Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Someone should reply to the rest of them.

I responded to the questions there, and closed off the thread.  It's
clear that getting Emacs to use the Launchpad bug tracker would require
a lot of effort.  It's not worth weeks of anyone's time, which is what
it would take (based on the thread).

It did raise some interesting points about how we could do spam
filtering less obtrusively.  For example, instead of requiring a
pre-registered email address and/or GPG-signing, why not just require
that emails to the bug tracker contain a magic string, in the form of a
command, e.g., " launchpad-tracker human"?  That would allow anyone to
file bugs by email, but still make spammers vanishingly unlikely (since
they'd have to read the documentation to know how to send a successful
mail).

Thoughts?

-Karl