Re: How do I fix mailing lists? (was: Re: Why do lists need special approval?)

On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:16 PM, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 09:50:34AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
On Aug 7, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Maris Fogels wrote:

a) Put a big notice there reminding people to create Ubuntu lists at
  lists.ubuntu.com, and

This would be easy to add to the ~team/+mailinglist template.

b) If a list has ubuntu in its name, interpose a warning
+confirmation
  screen, and

I'm not so sure about imposing an additional page for confirmation, but
we could just disallow such requests unless done by a ~mailing-
list-expert.

+1 on this, which is much simpler and probably works just as well.

Still annoyed about people that want to move archives afterwards, etc,
but we could just say "no" and live with the bad karma..

I'm not sure what "move archives afterward" means in this context.

-Barry