Re: Breadcrumb changes

On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 19:55 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> У сре, 12. 08 2009. у 20:49 +1000, Martin Pool пише:
> >
> > >  Bazaar (lp.net/bzr) > Bugs (bugs.lp.net/bzr/+open-bugs)
> > >
> > > as breadcrumbs. Note that the link of the new breadcrumb will not
> > point
> > > to the default (+index) page, so we must be able to customize that
> > for
> > > any obj/vhost.
> >
> > That's a kind of interesting example because, to me, it indicates that
> > there is a mismatch between the bugs.l.n/bzr top-level page and the
> > open-bugs listing.
>
> Indeed.  Is there a really good reason we can't fix default (+index)
> pages instead?

None other than not having enough man-hours to do so for all apps, I
think.

For now, each app will specify the page to be used in such cases, but
they will be free to stop using them as they fix their default pages.

> We have the same problem with POFile:+index (instead of using +translate
> directly), and I was totally determined to kill that problem.
>
> Thus, I wonder what would be the reasoning to keep something like this?

I'd prefer if the breadcrumbs always pointed to the default page for
non-leaf objects, but I couldn't convince Martin that's always the right
thing to do. He also had a use-case for showing the list of open bugs
instead of the default page, but I don't recall what it was now. Martin?

--
Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>