Re: Which lazr.restful to update

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 23:51 +0100, Tom Berger wrote:
> I have a lazr.restful branch which I need to merge before I can land
> some LP branches.
>
> After making my changes and trying to submit them I realised that the
> branch registered as trunk is no longer the PQM-managed branch but one
> owned by lazr-developers. The two branches have diverged quite a bit.
> My changes are simple and should be easy to port, if I need to, but
> now I'm not sure how to get my branch merged.
>
> Do I submit using PQM to the old, PQM-managed branch? (and if yes,
> what's going on with that other branch, which is newer)?
>
> Or do I submit manually to the new branch, and get it included using
> some buildout magic? And if that, what do I need to do after I pushed
> to the current lazr.restful trunk to get the changes in Launchpad?

Launchpad is using pqm to manage launchpad's version. We are updating
that branch, then backporting to the team-owned branch.

# Make your fix for Launchpad
bzr branch lp:~launchpad-pqm/lazr.restful/trunk fix-branch
# hack the fix
bzr push
bzr pqm-submit --submit-branch bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~launchpad-pqm/lazr.restful/trunk

# Backport your fix for the project.
bzr branch bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lazr-developers/lazr.restful
cd lazr.restful
bzr merge ../fix-branch
# backport changes as needed.
Updated src/lazr/restful/NEWS.txt with your changes
bzr ci
bzr push bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~lazr-developers/lazr.restful/trunk