Re: Ubuntu Dev Week session: call for suggestions

On Monday 17 August 2009 16:00:48 Graham Binns wrote:
> If anyone's got any suggestions for improving this, or has any ideas of
> something that I could do instead, suggestions are very, very welcome.

First of all, this is great, thanks for leading this Graham.

I think it would be beneficial to explain the different types of tests we
have, and why you would choose to add or amend one of each.  i.e. page
stories, doc tests and unit tests.

Also explain why using sample data in tests is bad and why they should use the
factory.  This means turning a blind eye to most of our tests, but hey :)

I would also get people to always start a bug-fix branch by writing a test
first to re-create the problem.  It not only re-creates it, it also passes
when you *fix* the problem!

HTH.