Re: Ubuntu Dev Week session: call for suggestions

2009/8/17 Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I think it would be beneficial to explain the different types of tests we
> have, and why you would choose to add or amend one of each.  i.e. page
> stories, doc tests and unit tests.
>
> Also explain why using sample data in tests is bad and why they should use the
> factory.  This means turning a blind eye to most of our tests, but hey :)
>
> I would also get people to always start a bug-fix branch by writing a test
> first to re-create the problem.  It not only re-creates it, it also passes
> when you *fix* the problem!

Excellent points, thanks Julian. I'll make sure to cover all of those
(I'll have notes and everything; it'll look like I'm taking it
seriously!).

One thing I should've, but forgot to mention: Any suggestions of bugs
that might be usable here will be welcome, too.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D