Re: Minor point about responding to bug reports.

"Michael Bienia" <michael@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On 2009-08-16 23:45:08 +0100, Tom Berger wrote:
>> Yes, I agree. If you're already making a comment describing how to a
>> the bug, and are offering help to anyone wishing to fix it, the format
>> you suggested indeed looks optimal. I'll definitely make use of it in
>> such cases.
>
> Perhaps one could encourage the use of the "mentorship" feature LP
> offers and people willing to help/advice should add themselves as
> mentors to the bug.
>
> And add a list (or link to a list) with bugs which have mentoring
> available to some prominent place.  (Unfortunately it doesn't seem to
> be possible to search for bugs with mentorship available).

See the thread starting here for previous discussion about this:

  https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-dev/msg00148.html

Note that https://dev.launchpad.net/FixBugs already has a link to all
the bugs marked as 'trivial', and mentorship is available by implication
for any trivial bug.

I agree it would be great to be able to search for all bugs where
someone has said "I'd be willing to sponsor this."  Clicking on the
"Offer mentorship" button would be a really convenient way to do that,
if it didn't come with other sorts of baggage (see above discussion).
There's currently no documentation in help.launchpad.net about
"mentorship", either -- at least, a search on that word offers nothing.

There's plenty of room for improvement here, clearly.  But I don't feel
comfortable recommending the mentorship feature as it currently stands...