Re: [rfc] people can't find the non-English question feature

2009/8/17 Curtis Hovey <curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> This is a well understood issue:
>
> https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-answers/+spec/localized-support-tracker

The full spec is actually a broken link because of the wiki migration,
but yes, I know it's known and hard to do and there are many other
things to do.

> The problem is larger than what this old blueprint implies. To ask a
> question, the user needs to register in how own language, presumable his
> profile page in in his language, and the entire answers application is
> in his language.

This view (I was told last week) is actually a bit simplistic.  Many
people can read English, but not very comfortably, or they are not
confident writing it, and of course there are automatic translators.
It will make a big difference to them if the most important or the
first things they see are in their own language - that can encourage
them to get through the rest.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>