Re: [rfc] multiply-targeted code reviews

2009/8/26 Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 08:40 +1200, Tim Penhey wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 02:46:27 Martin Pool wrote:
>> > I had the first case today of a branch
>> > <https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bialix/bzr/win32-paramiko-default/+merge/
>> >10563> that wants to merge into two other branches and it changed the way I
>> > think about merge proposals.  In this case it's a fix that wants to go both
>> > into trunk and our 2.0 release branch.
>>
>> We are looking to change the constraint to only allow one MP in progress for a
>> branch at a time.

If you do that, I do think you'd have to allow for that one MP to talk
about merging into multiple branches.  It's a matter of terminology
whether this would be one MP with multiple targets (like multiple
bugtasks) or multiple MPs shown together.

> So, for trunk and 2.0, today, the review is going to be near-identical.
>
> As we move through the 2.0 cycle it will get more and more different;
> perhaps just using separate branches is better...

If we want to fix one bug in widely-diverged branches, then there
probably need to be two bugfix branches holding different fixes and so
of course they'd have different mps.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>