3-0 Breadcrumbs UI and filling the heading slot

Hi,

I've got a branch landing soon that moves the breadcrumbs on 3-0 pages
into the main content to look like this:

http://people.canonical.com/~michaeln/menu_3-0/0-LP_new_design_Bugs_v3.1-from-beuno.png

There are two things to note:

1. The breadcrumbs no-longer display 'Launchpad' as the first item,
2. The breadcrumbs will not render if there is not more than one
breadcrumb to display. This is because they appear directly below the
heading slot, which should always display the context.title.

Be wary of filling the heading slot
===================================

After a number of recent ui-reviews, I've realised that it's not just me
who was confused about filling the heading slot.

Without seeing the breadcrumbs in their place, when updating a template
to 3-0 many of us have seen the default h2 heading (context.title) that
fills the heading slot and thought it was unnecessary repetition, given
that we had our own h1 heading in the body which often includes the
context.title. Filling the heading slot with our own h1 heading seems to
be the simple solution to remove the duplication - but this is usually
the wrong thing to do.

As far as I understand, this is the correct thing to do *only* on +index
pages (Curtis' notes say "If this is the index of an object move <h1> to
the heading slot.") [1]. In all other cases we should instead:

1. *not* fill the heading slot - so that the default h2 context.title
displays there (with the breadcrumbs below), and
2. Have an appropriate h1 in our own main content [2].

Curtis, if this is incorrect please reply quickly before I cause greater
confusion ;)

I hope that helps!
Michael

[1] It may be that we won't even need to do that in the future, and we
can rename the "heading" slot to "inline-editable-heading-slot" which
should only be used when extra classes etc. are needed for in-line editing.

[2] There is one exception here, when your context provides IRootContext
- then an h1 will be used automatically with the watermark logo above
the application buttons.

--
Michael

Follow ups