Re: Test projects on production

Am 28.08.2009 21:04, Francis J. Lacoste schrieb:
> On August 27, 2009, Curtis Hovey wrote:
>> Given the high number of still-born projects (no artefacts), I think we
>> should consider allowing these project be deactivated on user demand or
>> automatically after 12 months.
>
> I thought we had an agreement on that one.
>
> But note that this wouldn't solve the above use-case since in the test-drive
> case, there would be artefacts.

Exactly. Projects without any artefacts are not the problem.

I think we should further explore, how an "incomplete" status for
projects would work, like Kiko suggested. Or call it the "incubation"
phase (have heard that term used before). This would also address a
similar need in project and license review which need not take place
until after the project has left that phase.

That phase could be time-limited, or limit the projects features or
size, or it could simply display a big "demo" or "testing" or whatever
on all of the projects pages.

Henning