Data point on site-wide search capability and domain branding.

I'm forwarding this message (with permission) just because it's a data
point on project-wide search and on domain branding -- neither of which
Launchpad does yet, though of the two we're much closer to site-wide
search, and I think it would be a big win if we had it.

We don't seem to have a bug filed on that; does anyone know of one?  If
not, I'll file.

I wanted to answer Allen Gunn by saying "Launchpad is what they need"
but unfortunately in this case I couldn't.  At least not yet.

-Karl

--- Begin Message ---
Hey Karl,

I hope this finds you well. We're enjoying all the humidity that
Brooklyn NY can offer :^)

Hey, I'm working with FrontlineSMS to get their FOSS community process
defined, and we're researching tool sets.

Currently they're on SF.net, and it looks like they'll stay there for
the duration.

That said, we're trying to figure out a few technical bits and I
wondered if I might pick your very large brain.

We plan to set up a wiki and several mailings. Ideally these would live
under the FrontlineSMS.com domain, at wiki.frontlinesms.com and
lists.frontlinesms.com.

The issue that the lead developers are raising is that they want 1-stop
search for all project content, so that a query covers mailing list
archives and the wiki. If we're hosting those under the main domain (as
opposed to letting SF.net do it all), I don't think that will be easy.

SO, my question is: what project management tools for foss projects are
you aware of that best support the "search everything" functionality?
I'm hoping you'll have ideas I haven't encountered/thought of :^)

Thanks in advance for any leads.

peace,
gunner

--

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

--- End Message ---

Follow ups