a nice way to announce new features, and the meaning of "releases"

rememberthemilk.com (a todo list web app) did something nice today to
announce some new features (see attached): a dismissable dialog on the
home page with a link to it.  It would be neat if Launchpad did this,
tastefully, when important changes happen.  Because Launchpad is a
much larger app, it might have to do something only visible to users
viewing the relevant app.  This connects a bit to the 'site-wide
notifications' idea, which is meant to handle 'Launchpad will be
readonly in 20 minutes for an upgrade'.

More generally I like the way they do this compared to the way
Launchpad announces releases:

 * giving it a name that summarizes the main feature (maybe we should
do this for bazaar too)
 * emphasizing "new features are available" over "2.3 is released",
and summarizing them in one sentence
 * telling people about it within the website, rather than through a
separate list or blog

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>