wadl-$(LPCONFIG).xml and 'make run'

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but if you're trying to debug a story/pagetest, you can put this anywhere in the doctest:

    >>> stop()

This drops you into a pdb prompt, with stdout properly redirected back to the console.

But what's really cool about this is that you can then go to another shell and type:

    % make LPCONFIG=testrunner run

and now you'll be able to hit launchpad.dev with the exact state of your page test. This is great if you want to see why a particular element that your test expects is missing, or whatever, without having to manually reproduce all the state in the test.

There's one small problem though. This sometimes rebuilds wadl- testrunner.xml, which causes a spurious diff you have to manually revert. I'm wondering if there's an easy way to avoid regenerating that file?

-Barry